Image Map

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Daily Boom 80's Throwback: Ozzy Osbourne 'Shot In The Dark'


"Out on the street, I'm stalking the night,

I can hear my heavy breathing.
Paid for the kill but it doesn't seem right;
something there I can believe in .

Voices are calling from inside my head.

I can hear them, I can hear them,
vanishing memories of things that were said,
they can't try to hurt me now.

But a shot in the dark, one step away from you.

A shot in the dark, always creeping up on you"

I can remember being in high school and everyone loving Ozzy Osbourne. Black Sabbath seemed to be a group that all of my friends worshipped at the feet of and I simply just didn't get it. I couldn't exactly climb aboard the crazy train, until "Shot In The Dark" started playing on my local rock station. Yeah it was probably a little more pop-ish than most of Ozzy's stuff and maybe that's why it appealed to me. While 80% of me lived in headbanger heaven the other 20% was dancing their ass off to club hits.

Weird I know.

Even today, "Shot In The Dark" feels a bit different to me. Ozzy's hair is bigger, his clothes are a bit glitzier and he has this look on his face that tells me that in spite of the booze & the drugs, he knows exactly what he's doing. This song was intended to broaden his appeal so that his fan base would grow.

And it worked.

Check out "Shot In The Dark" below!


No comments:

Post a Comment